ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mary Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:53:06 -0700

A voice from history museums here... You might consider having condition
reports for each venue to use for reporting the condition of each
exhibit element when it arrives and again on leaving. The Morehead would
start it by documenting the condition of everything when it first
leaves. I've generally seen a notebook, with photos, and it works well
to document when damage happens (and I assume it will be clear in your
contracts who will be responsible for repairs and how they need to be
documented).

Mary Montgomery
Museum of History & Industry, Seattle