ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Glenn Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:24:59 +0000

The following link to a web page, on my History of The Buhl Planetarium and
Institute of Popular Science web site, provides copies of three staff
manuals used at Buhl.

These illustrate how Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science
exhibits and programs were taught to Floor Staff members and volunteers, for
interpretation to the public, in three different eras. Included are staff
manuals produced in 1954, the mid-1970s, and 1983. Each staff manual is
presented, in its entirety:

< http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/BuhlAidesbook.htm >

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh
  Electronic Mail - < [log in to unmask] >
  Internet, World Wide Web Sites -
  History of The Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science,
Pittsburgh:
  < http://www.planetarium.cc >
  History of The Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum, Chicago:
  < http://adlerplanetarium.tripod.com >
  History of Astronomer and Optician John A. Brashear:
  < http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
  History of Andrew Carnegie and Carnegie Libraries:
  < http://www.andrewcarnegie.cc >
  The Duquesne Incline, historic cable car railway, Pittsburgh:
  < http://www.incline.cc >

>From: Lauren Russell <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Interpretation Training
>Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:29:59 -0800
>
>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
>institutions.
>
>I am trying to put together a general interpretation training for floor
>staff and volunteers at Pacific Science Center.  Does anyone know of any
>good resources and/or materials (websites, books, articles..) related to
>science interpretation that I could base the training around?  Any help
>would be appreciated.  Thanks!
>Lauren Russell

>More information about the Informal Science Education Network and the
>Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at
>http://www.astc.org.
>To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
>message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!