ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:45:41 -0800

Actually Martin,,, the first example of an exhibit like
this that I know of was in the US Science Pavilion
at the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1962 (now the Pacific
Science Center)

This one had the bell as well as an altimeter and
a radiometer in the bell jar.  It showed that you could
no longer hear the bell since there was no air for the
sound to travel through, but the radiometer kept turning
because light travels through a vacuum.

David Taylor
AHHA Museum Services
  "Now I Understand"