ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Shanahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:10:20 -1000

Dante,
Bishop Museum did a very elaborate, full color 40 page education guide till recently - this year we did a six page, basic brochure to promote our programs and to drive traffic to our web site, and then invested more time in creating a web site that would give detailed info on program topics, standards alignments etc.
http://www.bishopmuseum.org/education/education.html

It's too early to assess the full set of benefits and drawbacks to the new format, but I do like the fact that we can update the online information quickly (if a last-minute exhibit opportunity comes along, for instance).

Mike

Mike Shanahan
Director of Education, Exhibits and Planetarium
Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
Office: (808) 847-8235