ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
WAYNE LABAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:51:57 -0400

Hello out there, Just wanted to make sure people knew about an upcoming RAP that we are have decided to host just in the past couple of weeks.

This RAP will not only be an occasion for attendees to discuss what each has learned but as we are at the beginning of the our project we are offering whomever comes a chance to shape the research we will conduct.

Hope to see you there.

Wayne LaBar

June 16*17
Personal Mobile Devices and Science Centers
Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, New Jersey

Liberty Science Center is offering this 2-day workshop for those who are exploring the use of personal portable devices (MP3 players, cell phones, PDAs, RFIDs) as learning tools. Liberty is researching ways for guests to use their own devices to enrich their learning experience. Your participation will assist this research project in progress, as well as provide you with an opportunity to explore your particular interests in applications for this technology. If your science center is already doing this kind of work, you are encouraged to share strategies and ideas.

Contact: Wayne LaBar, Vice President of Exhibition and Theaters 201/451-0006 x347 or Julie Berger x546; e-mail [log in to unmask]

Wayne J LaBar
Vice President, Exhibitions and Theaters
Liberty Science Center
251 Phillip Street
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07305