ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chip Isenhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:09:05 -0700

We are working on a natural history interpretation project in Panama (an
exhibit about jaguar conservation). The main audience is Spanish-speaking,
with a secondary English/tourist audience.

Bilingual interpretive signs often become very busy, with dual language text
blocks relating to the same visual image.

We are considering designs that favor the Spanish text, and craft the
English text into one sidebar story that is supported by the main panel
graphics.

Has anyone seen examples of bilingual interpretive graphics that favor one
language and thus minimize the panelšs perceived density?

Thanks!

Chip
--
Chip Isenhart, Principal