ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jean-Marie SANI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:55:01 +0100

At la Cité we have a study on this suject. We also observed the visitors overestimate the number of broken exhibits. Usually, we have from 2 to 4 % of broken exhibits. The perception is highern sometimes because the software or video are too slow for the visitor and they let the exhibit before the aswer, thinking it is broken. Sometimes the ergonomy is not enough clear, they don t understand the process and also conclude the exhibit is out of order.

Jean-Marie Sani
Directeur des publics et des activités commerciales
Cité des sciences et de l'industrie
75930 Paris Cedex 19
France

33 (0)1 40057571
fax : 33 (0)1 40058222

http://www.cite-sciences.fr

>>> "Van Tiel, Michael" <[log in to unmask]> 21/02/2007 12:40 >>>

I remember reading in the early nineties an article that tracked visitors and found that that they those that go to one broken exhibit tend to go to another and thus percieve that alot of the exhibits are broken. Reasons why they are attracted to the broken exhibit was that it was normally the one without any people at it - for obvious reasons!

Michael