ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elsa Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:29:18 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

!!!! A Great Day for Informal Science !!!!

If any of you are planning to attend the National Science Teachers
Association (NSTA) conference in Boston March 27-30, we hope you will
spend some time with us during Informal Science Day.  This exciting
event takes place on Friday, March 28th, between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
All of the day's presentations and activities will be located in
Ballroom West of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (3rd
floor).

This event has been organized by the NSTA Informal Science Committee
with the vision of creating a "Town Square" for informal science
within the NSTA National Conference.  Informal Science Day begins
with a wonderful keynote speech by Dale McCreedy from the Franklin
Institute, and continues across the day with a varied program that
includes over forty presentations.  Midday, there will be a Brown Bag
Lunch (12 Noon to 2:00 PM) featuring science theater and media
productions.  Informal Science Day culminates with our Informal
Science Share-a-thon (6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.)

For specific information about the conference and Informal Science
Day, here are some links to the NSTA website:

NSTA National Conference on Science Education
http://www.nsta.org/conferences/2008bos/

Informal Science Day Overview
http://www.nsta.org/conferences/2008bos/isd.aspx

Last but not least, our the annual meeting of the NSTA Informal
Committee is scheduled for Thursday, March 27, 2008, from 8:30 AM to
10:30 AM in the Skyline Room at the Seaport World Trade Center (near
the Boston Convention Center.)  The meeting is open to all those
interested in being involved with our Committee's activities.  Please
drop by and say hello!

We look forward to seeing you in Boston!

Cheers,
Elsa
--
Elsa Bailey, Ph. D.
Principal and Director, Elsa Bailey Consulting

Tel: (415) 759-5958
Cell: (703) 201-2867
Fax: (415) 329-2500
Email: [log in to unmask]

Now serving on the Board of the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA):
"Division Director, Informal Science '06-'09"