ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathy Krafft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:11:58 -0400

Continuous looping is a feature that I'd guess inexpensive DVD players
can all do--at least I"ve done it with several bottom-of-the-line
Samsung DVD players;  you'll need the remote control at startup each day
and have to punch a couple of buttons ("repeat all" for instance).

The video folks I've worked with got new software maybe 2 years ago that
enables them to encode an autoloop feature (and autostart- no menu to
mess with) directly into the DVD, which is nice because then all you
need to do every morning is turn on the DVD player.  I've had them do
this for the videos for our traveling exhibitions so museum staff don't
even have to open up the cabinet every morning-- just punch the "power"
button thru a small hole in the back of the cabinet.

Kathy Krafft
Exhibit Projects Director
Sciencenter
Ithaca NY
607-272-0600 ext 25

A question for exhibit designers.  I am in charge of creating an
exhibit that will have a 6 minute video loop as part of the display.
Can anyone reccomend what equipment will allow me to play the
video/DVD and have it loop continuously?
Thanks for the input.
Rae Alexander