ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Clifford Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:23:16 -0500

Arthur Ganson has organized what are my favorite performance events.
One was called March Machine Madness but the name is less important
than what the event was.  It's a call to the community for anyone and
everyone to make a machine that is started by a string being pulled and
ends pulling a string strong enough to lift a golf ball six inches.
On the event day everyone brings their machines and ties them all
together and the first string is pulled and all watch the continuous
chain of events.   It's the best- six year old kids doing stuff with
legos connected to college engineering students projects, connected to
who knows what.   The only other rules are no fire and no harmful
chemicals.

Clifford Wagner