ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jillian Finkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:52:37 -0500

Hi everyone,

With all this talk of actors, storytelling, partnerships with theaters
and performances in science museums, I wanted to remind everyone about
the International Museum Theatre Alliance (IMTAL) that is a resource on
this very topic and a professional network for those interested in it.

This year, IMTAL's website www.imtal.org was expanded and reorganized
with many new features, and even more for members.

Recently there has been much discussion about applying theatrical
techniques in museums through less formal means, such as creative drama
and public speaking training for docents, and science theater has always
been a big part of IMTAL, so please check it out!

Thanks,
Jillian S. Finkle
Manager of Theatre and Early Childhood Programs
National Children's Museum
955 L'Enfant Plaza North, SW Suite 5100
Washington, DC 20024
p: 202.675.4169 | f: 202.675.4140
www.ncm.museum
Our mission is to inspire children to care about and improve the world.

Secretary
International Museum Theatre Alliance
www.imtal.org