ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nora Nagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:09:59 +0000

I am very interested in this information, as well.

Nora Nagle
ADA and 504 Accessibility Coordinator
Museum of Science
One Science Park
Boston, MA  02114-1099
617-589-3102

Can someone point me to the latest surveys, data reports on the topic of usefulness (or interference) of using handheld devices in Science Centers?  I know of the Exploratorium report dated 2003 by Sherry Hsi on the topic.

What is the latest on reasonable expectations of using this technology?  Does it ultimately interfere with the hands-on experience? Do visitors expect us to have that option when they come?

Thanks!

Paul M. Siboroski

Exhibits Director

Reuben H Fleet Science Center