ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karen Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:30:43 -0400

Hi Eric,
We purchased our audio equipment last year when we were developing "Body
Carnival: The Science and Fun of Being You". A complete audio description,
especially developed for our visitors with low vision or who are blind,
accompanies the exhibit. We bought our equipment from SoundTrack
Productions. We are using the hand held audio units,(with shoulder strap and
optional hearphone jack) charge rack, and SoundWand Manager v3.95 to upload
our files.
We prototyped two different hand held units that fit within our budget. Our
resource group preferred the SoundTrack Production units for ease of
navigation. Each of the 15 different exhibit modules has a 3" x 3" black
plaque with 1 1/2" raised white number, Braille underneath the number,
attached to the lower right hand corner of every text panel. Folks then
press in the corresponding number on the hand held unit and receive the
audio description.
We have been pleased with the equipment.   http://www.soundtrack.org
Karen

Karen Jordan