ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sari Boren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 11:40:17 -0400

Hi all -

A few months back I posted here about a conference session I was developing
for the Association of Children's Museum conference called "How the Brain
Wants to Learn: Cognitive Science Informing Interactive Exhibit Design."

Several people contacted me off-line, interested in the topic. So I wanted
to let the ASTC group know that we've started a facebook group to continue
our discussion from the session.

You can find it here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110841598955944&ref=ts

Or just search "How the Brain Wants to Learn" on facebook.

At the session we presented an exhibit at a children's museum to use as a
case study. The exhibit manager from the museum, Brad Stefl, has agreed to
modify the exhibit based on our discussions. So I would love it if any of
you would come and join our conversation and share your ideas.

I give a quick background on the case study on a discussion thread on the
facebook group (go to the Discussion tab). And there are some other
discussions there and on the wall posts.

To get a copy of the conference handout (I can't post it on facebook), go to
my website http://www.wondercabinet.com/work/news.html
And look under the section "The Brain Does Want to Learn" for the download
link.

The facebook group does not fully explain our entire conference session, so
feel free to contact me off-line if you'd like more information. We'd really
love for the museum community to lend their brains to our exploration of
this topic.

Thanks,
Sari Boren
Wondercabinet Interpretive Design, Inc.