ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:42:12 -0400

Once John Cage enters the argument, all bets are off.  Or at least if you see the numbers 4'33 the discussion will run off the rails.  I love his compositions, his ideas of chance, and also his wonderful conception that if you put a bracket around a period of time (4'33) it becomes music.   It is very science museum-ish, encouraging people to open ended exploration.

Eric

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message is intended solely for the addressee(s) in the first instance
and may contain confidential information.  Please do not forward this email
without the consent of the sender.