ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Randall Fastabend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 23:01:11 -0800

>George,

We developed and are touring to middle schools in our area a carnival
we call the Tarnival.  An indoor or outdoor carnival of health and
cessation activities staffed by high school "carnies".  We give
tickets away at each booth and those tickets can be exchanged for
give a way items.  100-120 students at a time.
Check our web site for pictures.  We still have more to post.

Current funding is the Alameda County Tobacco Control Coalition.
Original funding was from CDHS Tobacco Control Section but I guess
you know where the funding went after that.

We have games/activities on cancer, marketing, addiction, economics,
lung capacity.  We have two walk through tents on youth stories of
how tobacco has affected them and their families and a "not so fun"
house that graphically illustrates the health hazards of smoking.

Let me know if need specifics.

RF

--
Randall Fastabend