ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Orselli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2013 15:42:24 -0500

Agreed on the importance of physical interface design.

But I also think we should try to leverage (so to speak) museum visitors'
natural tendencies to see how high/fast/hard they can make something move,
instead of always trying to thwart them.

Jeff Kennedy's book "User Friendly: Hands-On Exhibits That Work" (Sold by
ASTC Publications)* *is a great reference in this regard.*

*

Paul Orselli, President and Chief Instigator

Paul Orselli Workshop (POW!)
World Headquarters
1684 Victoria Street
Baldwin, NY  11510

(516) 223-1043

POW! website
<http://www.orselli.net>

Exhibit tips + tricks at the ExhibiTricks blog:
<http://blog.orselli.net/>