ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dana Schloss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 11:27:17 -0400

Come see Philly's 3rd annual Art Buggy Derby on Sunday!

The Art Buggy Derby is the world's only live event that mashes
together interactive art making, MacGyver style craft, and creative
materials reuse. The idea is pure insanity and fun: We build a foot
powered 'buggies' that create art as they are raced against other
team's buggies. There's art, ingenuity, and prizes. It is generally a
fun and ridiculous time.

Art Buggy is an event of the Philly based DIY group called Make:Philly
and is sponsored by DesignPhialdelphia.
The event happens to coincide with ASTC this year. If you are looking
to see some inspiring crafty contraptions (and a way to instigate
people into making crafty contraptions) come to Washington Square park
on Sunday.

Art Buggy Derby
Sunday, October 19th
2pm
Washington Square is at 6th and Walnut St.
The event is on the south side of the park.

Bother me at ASTC about it if you're curious about the Art Buggy
Derby. And come see it!
We don't have a lot of buggies registered this year but it should be
an exciting event.
-dana

www.artbuggy.com
www.makephilly.com