ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lauren Silberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 14:45:13 +0000

Help is on the Way! Guidance Program for Small and Mid-Sized Museums

"Our decision to participate in MAP has been among our best decisions. I believe the MAP process has given us both clarity around our issues and the depth of knowledge needed to successfully develop a plan that will allow for the museum's long term viability and sustainability." - Jamie Berry, Executive Director, Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City, Missouri

Do you want the answers to help your museum move forward? Would you like a roadmap for future success?

Consider participating in the Museum Assessment Program (MAP), which assists all types of small and mid-size museums (e.g., aquariums, art, history, natural history, public gardens, science centers and zoos). While engaging in guided self study, your museum will be matched with an expert peer reviewer who will provide a customized site visit and report. In less than a year, MAP will help you develop strategies for improved operations, planning, staff and board education and fundraising.

Since 1981, over 4,300 organizations have participated in MAP as a low-cost method of becoming more sustainable. Become the next museum to take advantage of MAP. The next application deadline is December 1.

Visit www.aam-us.org/map<http://www.aam-us.org/map> to download the application and for more information about MAP. You can also email [log in to unmask]<mailto:map%40aam-us.org><mailto:[log in to unmask]<mailto:map%40aam-us.org>> or call 202-289-9118. MAP is administered by the American Association of Museums and supported through a cooperative agreement with the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Lauren Silberman
Coordinator, Museum Assessment Program
T: 202.218.7714 | F: 202.289.6578
American Association of Museums
1575 Eye Street NW, Suite 400 | Washington DC 20005
www.aam-us.org