ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Glenn J. Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn J. Hill
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 16:08:52 -0700

This is an interesting thread.

 As an exhibit designer/builder, I will put my name and contact information
on the inside of the electronics cabinet, which is helpful if question come
up in the future, but of course not on the publicly visible part. If an
Client wished to mention who the builder of the Laser Harp is , that would
of course be fine with me ! :-)
 The designs are most often a collaboration of several different contractors
and exhibit designers, before the contract reaches me, so I collaborate with
these other folks in designing the final shape and look of the Laser Harp
installation. So most often no one person or company would be responsible
for the projects final appearance or 'look'..

Though I do always video my Laser Harp installations  here in my shop, with
the lasers running and producing music and sounds, before I ship them for
installation. I have also on occasion shot video when I was doing the
on-site installation. Then with the permission of the Museum or Hospital
where the Laser Harp is installed, I will identify the location in my
publicity/web page /YouTube videos.

Glenn Hill
LaserHarps LLC

809 1st Street, Phoenix Oregon, 97535