ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Beryl Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beryl Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 16:36:29 -0400

This is a very good opportunity for you to address the difference between archaeology and treasure hunting...archaeology is a science, the the location and associational patterns of artifacts is every bit as important as the objects themselves.  Treasure hunters do not care about that, and subsequently destroy context (read: data).  It's a little like reading a book where pages have been cut out - you can't read it.
Beryl