ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 17:25:48 +0000

Hi Becky,

We recently placed an iPad as interactive signage for our historical biplane.  It was done because there was a 'free' iPad sitting around (perhaps not the best reason...a Marketing Dept. choice).  It's a nice piece, but the iPad location is in a wide open space with high light levels and thus does not garner a lot of attention.  I think the iPad would be more eye-catching and inviting in a smaller, more darkened area, or if there were multiple iPads arranged.

We will probably get a larger touchscreen display for the biplane signage, and use the iPad in another area for another function.  Currently, the touchscreen operating platform is also a bit friendlier for us to utilize as interactive signage.

--Jeff--

Jeff Rosenblatt
Director, Science City

Union Station Kansas City, Inc.