ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim Pula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 09:43:59 -0500

We prepared some sports science activities for our lab. Our protective gear
activity was simply yet consistent. Using a digital scale and graph display
visitors dropped 5 lbs of simulated muscle on the scale from a height of 1
foot. They then put foam padding on the scale, about 6 inches thick, and
dropped the 5 lbs of muscle from 1 foot above the padding. Each impact was
graphed as they did the activity. The graphs were lay one on top of the
other making the difference obvious.

Tim Pula
Science Coordinator
Gulf Coast Exploreum
www.Exploreum.com
65 Government St.
Mobile, AL 36602
251-208-6858

Join us each month for a new experience in the Ciba Lab.

Don't miss "A DAY IN POMPEII"
closes June 3, 2007

Coming this summer:
Reptiles the Beautiful and the Deadly