ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kim Collison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:42:07 -0600

Sarah -

We installed our walk-thru Big Mouth exhibit in December 2004.  It is
positioned at the junction of two distinct exhibit halls, where the original
arched doorway became the soft palate of the exhibit.  Visitors walk up an
ADA ramp covered in red carpet to mimic the tongue and papillae/taste buds.
Older kids enjoy thumping the punching bag uvula. In addition to exploring
pediatric and adult dentition, the exhibit covers tooth anatomy, nutrition,
tooth morphology, dental care and the sense of taste.

I would be happy to share pictures and more details.

Cheers,
Kim

Kimberly Collison
Health and Life Sciences Coordinator