ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:28:24 +0000
We make a nice version of this classical demo which works well as an interactive exhibit. We wrestled with the same problem until someone in the workshop had a brainwave and tried flimsy plastic bags. They are much thinner than ordinary polyethylene bags. They work wonderfully well, require far less negative pressure to operate, and look surprisingly realistic.

Perhaps in 'American' you call them 'diaper bags'? In English they are 'nappy bags'. Once, we even found some pink ones.

Ian Russell
www.interactives.co.uk