ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kate Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:24:15 -0600

I don't know how practical this is in a museum setting, but  . . .  We just
returned from Hawaii and on a back road came upon a Fruit Smoothie vendor
who powered her blender with a bicycle powered generator.  We rode the bike
and watched the banana, passion fruit, coconut, and payaya get blended into
a tasty drink.  The best application of a bicycle generator I've seen so
far--and a multi-sensory experience too!

Kate
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kate Hintz
Science Museum of Minnesota
Collections Gallery Manager
120 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN  55102

651-221-4508
651-221-4528 (fax)
Witness an 8,000-mile journey that shaped a nation on the Omnitheater's
giant screen. "Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West" is now playing at the
Science Museum of Minnesota. Call (651) 221-9444 for reservations.