ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Leonie Rennie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 03:11:25 +0000

You can look at examples of PISA items here: http://www.oecd.org/pisa/38709385.pdf

The format suggests to me that you can find answers to these questions without having been taught them in school. The developers of PISA items try to ensure that they are not dependent upon a particular curriculum by providing sufficient context within the question to find the answer, so the answers do not depend on factual recall.
Incidentally, the last spider I saw had three legs. It was having difficulty not walking in circles.

Best wishes, Leonie