ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim McElroy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:35:45 -0500

Hi everyone,

Our museum is planning a new building and I would like to request comments on your
experience with track lighting systems.

We are looking at Altman brand "smart" track. It sounds like it has wonderful capabilities
(individual fixture control through dmx connection), though I wonder if these are practical
to utilize and maintain years after a building opens. Does anyone out there have
experience with this brand and the "smart" track?

Any experience with Altman in general?

We would also like to hear any comments about planning new track systems and the day-
to-day practicality of your system, if anyone is inclined to share these experiences.
Anything great or terrible out there that we might benefit from knowing?

Thanks for any and all responses,

Tim McElroy
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History