ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ben Dickow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:08:21 -0800

At the California Science Center, we do offer on-the-floor programs during
hours when school groups attend. In fact, some of these activities are a
major component of our only in-house field trip program, Pathways.
On-the-floor programs center around wheeled carts that are staffed by both
volunteers and education department employees. These programs are free, as
is admission to the Science Center. Groups, no matter the size or whether
they are school groups or not, pay just one $20 booking fee. It covers the
whole group or school.

We are in the process of evaluating these programs. As I said, they are
really the only extra activities offered to schools or groups who visit us.

Hope this helps,
Ben Dickow
California Science Center
Amgen Center for Science Learning