ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Ketner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 2009 17:57:02 -0700

Museum Professionals,
I hope you can find time to join us for what I think will be a fascinating
12 session exploration into the future of museums.  It all begins this week,
with International Museum Day, hosted by The Tech Virtual (
http://www.thetechvirtual.org ) as an international event in a virtual
world, accessible by anyone on the internet.
Funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, The Tech Virtual is a
project designed to bring the best capabilities of online collaboration to
the museum field.  This is especially relevant to science and technology
centers, which are more concerned with creating educational experiences than
preserving artifacts. Please bring your expertise, needs, input, and
experience to these highly interactive sessions.  All you need to
participate is your web browser.
Registration is required at: http://techvirtualtraining.eventbrite.com/

Details of Monday's events can be found here:
http://thetechvirtual.org/all-events/international-museum-day-imd-presented-by-international-council-of-museums-icom

Monday May 18 we will meet virtually, and then kick off this 12 session
series on Tuesday May 19 at 9AM PDT. (Full schedule at:
http://techvirtualtraining.eventbrite.com/ )
See you there,
Bob Ketner

--
Bob Ketner
Virtual Community Manager, The Tech Virtual

1 408-667-5949 cell
1 408-795-6267 desk
http://www.twitter.com/techvirtual
http://thetechvirtual.org/portal_memberdata/Agent