ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erich Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:25:35 -0600

Anecdotal: a young mother visiting from  Germany stripped her child of a diaper and plopped her into the small outdoor water play basin. Well immediately we heard about it from other parents. Oh my! Heaven forbid.  I had to drain the basin, clean with bleach and refill. Was the water yellow? I couldn't tell. Here in the usa our attitude toward nudity is rather puritanical. Naked kids are the norm and NO big deal in 90% of the world.

I think this is strictly a judgement call for each museum. Here in blue-blazes hot Texas flip flops and not much else are the norm in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone