ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tracy Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:56:20 -0500

I am seeking advice about photographing visitors at the Science Center of
Iowa!  We do NOT use a professional photographer - this would be our staff
taking photographs of visitors and using those photos for internally-created
promotional pieces.

To other institutions:
What is your policy for photographing both individual visitors and groups?
   Do you automatically assume consent from everyone inside the building?
   Do you ask groups to sign a consent form in advance of their visit?
   Does age of the person being photographed make a difference?
   What about at off-site events put on by your institution?

Please advise if you have any thoughts for me on this policy!  Thanks!

Tracy Arthur
Communications Coordinator
Science Center of Iowa and Blank IMAX Dome Theater
515-274-6868 ext. 233
www.sciowa.org