HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jay Kotliar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 00:17:58 -0400
When I was an undergraduate in the early  1980's I was involved in an
excavation with Rutgers University at the Boozer Factory Site, which
manufactured bricks, ceramics and possibly tiles.  It was abandoned with the
rise of industrial production in Trenton.  It was located in the hills to the
SW of New Brunswick, although I don't remember what town it was in.  They
should have some record of it at Rutgers (probably at Douglas College).  I
wish I could remember more, but it was long ago and I am not a historical or
industrial archaeologist.  (Although I maintain a dillettente interest in the
subject.)