HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Reger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 08:42:30 -0500
Greetings!

My name is William Reger.  I am presently writing a dissertation on the
contributions of European mercenaries to the Muscovite army during the war
between Russia, Poland, Sweden and the Ukraine (1654-67).  My advisor is
Geoffrey Parker, now at Yale, formerly at University of Illinois, who may
be known among archeologists for his work with Colin Martin on the Spanish
Armada, the first attempt to examine the wreckage through marine
archeology.  I have a bachelor's degree in Russian language from Brigham
Young University (1987), and a master's in history (UIUC, 1990).  I am
married with three children, enjoy gardening, literature, fast cars,
arguing, and long quiet walks.  I consider myself a "fellow traveller" to
you archeology folks, but have absolutely no training in the field.  I hope
to learn more through participation in this list.

Thank you,

William M. Reger IV
(217)352-6930

Department of History           Voc. & Tech. Ed.
309 Gregory Hall, UIUC          345 Education Bldg., UIUC
(217) 333-1155                  (217) 333-0807