HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Proebsting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:35:10 -0500
Hello All,

I’m working at Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest in the vicinity of where we believe an early to mid-nineteenth century stable once stood, and am interested in any good references related to the archaeological remains of similar structures.  So far, I am familiar with several reports, including...

Geier, Clarence R.
2001    An Archaeological Assessment of the Proposed Belle Grove Stable Complex Site (44FK522).  James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.

Heath, Barbara J.
1995    Excavations at 44CP20: Point of Honor Stable, Lynchburg, Virginia.  Report prepared for Point of Honor, Inc., by The Corporation for Jefferson’s Poplar Forest.

Any information on other relevant excavations are welcome; especially (but certainly not limited to) those related to early to mid-nineteenth century plantations.  Feel free to e-mail me at [log in to unmask] and I will be sure to post a bibliographic summary on histarch for all to use.

All the best,

Eric Proebsting
Get ideas on sharing photos from people like you.  Find new ways to share.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/photogallery/posts?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Photo_Gallery_082008