HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:54:50 -0500
ARCHAEOLOGIST POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT

Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C., a Utah based CRM firm, seeks qualified
candidates for the position of Archaeologist.   Responsibilities for this
position will include preparation of proposals and research designs, leading
and supervision of field crews in a variety of environments, recordation of
prehistoric and historic sites including standing structures, excavation of
historic and prehistoric sites, analysis of survey and/or excavation
archaeological data, preparation of technical reports and NEPA documents.
The position requires frequent contact with a variety of clients and
governmental agencies.  The successful candidate will possess the following
qualifications:

> Willing to LEARN and TAKE DIRECTION

> M.A. in anthropology or closely related field

> At least two years of archaeological field experience at supervisory level

> Interested in carrying out BOTH historic and  prehistoric archaeological
work

> Experience in Western states, especially, Intermountain states (though not
essential)

> Good writing and verbal skills and analytical abilities

> Demonstrated ability to work individually AND AS PART OF A TEAM

> Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines

> Willingness to commit to working for a multi-year period of time

    Salary is negotiable based on experience.  Full benefit package includes
vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, and retirement plan.  This
is a full-time, salaried position, not an individual project assignment.
Successful applicant must be willing to relocate to the Ogden area and will
be expected to travel for project assignments.

    If interested, submit resume with references and letter of interest to
Michael R. Polk, Principal Archaeologist/Owner at:

Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.
3670 Quincy Avenue, Suite 203
Ogden, Utah 84403
(801) 394-0013 (voice)
(801) 394-0032 (fax)
[log in to unmask] (email)

**NOTE: I will be attending the Society for Historic Archaeology meetings in
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada and will be staying at the Hilton Hotel (host
hotel) from January 4-9.  To schedule a confidential interview during the
conference, leave a message for Michael Polk at the hotel's front desk.