HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:33:04 -0400
#3 definitely is a sickle bar. Possibly from a mower, but the length is half of what it should be at least, unless the end is broken off. Later on, the teeth are riveted on and are replaced as broken. They're made of steel. Later examples have serrated teeth. You can google sickle mower and see variants.

Lyle Browning, RPA