HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sean M O Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean M O Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 1994 10:37:16 -0500
> Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:
> >I would like to propose that the subscribers to this list
> >introduce themselves with a short bio and tell what their
> >interests are etc. I will compile these bios into a file,
> >and they will archived as well.

Hello,

My name is Sean O'Donnell and I'm a graduate student in architecture at
the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.  I am currently preparing for my
thesis project, which is heavily grounded in Environment-Behavior
Relations (EBR) theory, and involves the design of new "urban-scale
frameworks" -- essentially conceptualized as lots, blocks and buidlings.
The project involves historical and cross-cultural analyses of
existing frameworks to assess the attributes of the environment
that are supportive/inhibiting of particular activity systems
(in the public domain only, at this time.)  Aside from a
personal tendency toward, and curiosity in, interdisciplinary work,
my interest in historical archaeology grows from the apparent common
ground that it shares with EBR theory.

Sean O'Donnell
School of Architecture and Urban Planning
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee