HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 14:35:54 GMT
I thought I had beter do my introduction before I leave for the field
and have to TEMPORARILY sign off.  My name is Smoke (don't ask)
Pfeiffer. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology from the
University of Nebraska and a Master's Degree in Anthropology from the
University of Idaho (a Spragueite). I am the Assistant Forest
Archaeologist on the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. I work in
both prehistoric and historic archaeology. I will be the field lab
director for the 1994 Arkansas Archeological Society Training
Program. We will be conducting test excavations on 4 prehistoric
bluff shelters and one historic homestead site from June 10th to th
27th here on the forest.  My special interest is primarily historic
archaeology with special interst in clay tobacco pipes and all forms
of tobacciana, fur trade, extractive industry. history of weaponry,
artifact conservations, fire lookouts, and Archaeological Resources
Protection Act enforcement. Hobbies are buckskining (fur trade
reenactments), hunting, and numismatics. Smoke (MIchael A.) Pfeiffer,
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests, 605 West Main Street, P.O. Box
1008, Russellville, Arkansas 72811.  (501) 968-2354, Ext 233.
Internet:  [log in to unmask]