HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rich Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:47:35 -0400
To All,

HAR is seeking CRM firms interested in subcontracting remote sensing
reconnaissance and survey resolution GPS data collection in conjunction
with projects taking place this Fall.  We have been actively engaged in
work of this nature since 1994 and survey data has been accepted by SHPO
offices in Indiana, Ohio and by the US Army.

Recent projects have included intensive metal detector survey of
historic sites i.e.. battlefields, military encampments and native
American villages.  Submeter GPS survey and subsequent GIS mapping of
both artifact distributions (see Battle of Fallen Timbers
http://www.heidelberg.edu/FallenTimbers/) and of nearly 400 historic and
prehistoric sites located within military installations in Indiana and
Ohio have also been accomplished.  More info and references by request.

Collected survey data may be output in report quality color map images
with accompanying database or in either ArcView or AutoCad formats.  For
more information, please contact me directly at the e-mail address above
or via phone by the number listed below.

Please excuse cross postings.

--
Rich Green
HAR