HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Steve Boxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 14:03:55 -0800
All,
   Apologies for cross-posting.

We are in need of a very good book on telling apart different fish
remains from a 17th century coastal site in Virginia.  We have recently
come across a trashpit with thousands of different types of scales and
bones and would like to find out the species.  (I can do sturgeon, gar,
and the rest of the common fish, but some of this stuff I have never seen
before!)  Anyone know of such a book?  Thanks.

--
Steve Boxley,  Ja.T., M.N.
The Virginia Foundation for Archaeological Research, Inc.