HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Conrad Bladey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:13:10 -0400
It saddens me as a professional to see minimalist presence or absence archeology dominating the field- in the future it will be viewed as only minimally better than pot hunting- availability of funding has not brought more science but less-I can't count the number of crm style report presentations which were totally devoid of anthropology.  It is all just look what we found. And as pointed out here crew pay does not qualify as real employment-at this point reset calls for less money rather than more-there is no way money can ever be found to do adequate work-archeology needs to be a public life way -not just a profession-we have not made the same progress as the ecological movement -largely due to professional snobbery-I have already posted out the waste of funds by professionals-a significant problem exists with the exploitation of volunteers for profit taking-the entire field needs rebuilding-

Conrad Bladey

Thank you in advance for your prompt response!