HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Grace H. Ziesing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 15:52:35 -0400
Here are some more bread oven references:

Fred Kniffen
1960 The Outdoor Oven in Louisiana. Louisiana History 1(1):25-35; Figs. 4-12.

Julia Costello
1981 Gold Rush Archaeology: Excavating in the Mother Lode. Archaeology
24(2):18-26.

Roberta Greenwood and Laurence Shoup
1983 New Melones Archeological Project, California: Review and Syntheseis of
Resrch at Historical Sites. Final Report of the New Melones Archeological
Project, Vol. VII. INFOTEC. Report submitted to National Park Service,
Washington, D.C.

The Anthropological Studies Center at Sonoma State University in northern
California excavated one at a Basque cattle ranching site built in the 1850s.
Results are documented in:

Grace Ziesing
1997 Archaeological Investigations of the Vasco Adobe Site, CA-CCO-470H, for
the Los Vaqueros Project... ASC, SSUAF.

If you can't find any of these publications, feel free to contact me off-list
and I can probably arrange to get you copies.

--Grace Ziesing