HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Misty Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:24:03 -0400
Natalie,

Eloise was the county poor house and insane asylum/hospital in Wayne County, Michigan. When established in 1829 it was very rural, actually wilderness, though not now. I did some testing in a 100 by 100 foot portion of the complex a couple years ago and could send you a copy of the report if you're interested. There are some published histories on the complex, which are listed in the report bib.

Misty

Misty Jackson, Ph.D., RPA
Arbre Croche Cultural Resources,
517-525-3060