HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:28:24 EDT
I, too, missed the original post on privies. Having dug a few, and
being in the midst of writing up a bunch of them at the moment, I'd
be happy to hear the wquestion again, and maybe offer any answers I
may have. Around this part of the country, the best reports and
papers dealing with privy excavations have come out of urban
archaeology programs such as Pam Cressy's in Alexandria, Va. You
might also look into the work of John Milner and Assoc. in D.C.
Actually, any city which has had archaeology done in it will have
privy excavation reports! Mine are from Richmond.

Dan Mouer