HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 17:20:58 -0400
This is just to say informallly- thanks to all the Yanks for their
hospitality and friendship to us Brits (and one Irish person) when we came
over for the Williamsburg SPMA/SHA conference. We look forward to seeing as
many as possible of you in London in November (see next SHA and SPMA
newsletters). We all enjoyed the conference as well as the fantastic food and
beer (a  shock to those used to McDonalds and Bud). I expect the Greenleaf
pub's profits have fallen since we departed and Williamsburg security are
bored silly without having us to trail round all night. My only regret was
that I needed another 4 hours in the Victory centre at Yorktown (Yes it was
worth losing! but then John Smith and Thomas Paine have always been my
heroes) and my arms are 4 inches longer after lugging back several dozen
books across the Atlantic. Brian Dix says he is available- I presume he means
for garden archaeology? I understand I am now bonded to him for 10 years
writing up publication backlog in order to pay back the money he lent me.
Please keep in touch- all, best wishes from a very (double) jet lagged Paul
Courtney and SPMA