HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:48:11 -0600
I am currently reading a fairly recent report that includes
references to "Queensware", which in the context of this report seems
to be referring generally to white earthenwares, including
transferprints of the 1830s and 1840s.

This is new to me ...  When I was just a lad, Queensware was a
semi-generic for certain creamware patterns.  Has the usage changed?
If it has, I don't like it.  Somebody let me know, please ...
--

Mark C. Branstner

Illinois Transportation
Archaeological Research Program