HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Patrick Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2016 19:28:18 -0400
Sorry to hear of Stan's passing.  He was a thoughtful, passionate and
humane advocate of historical archaeology in a formative period, one of the
key individuals who made it a distinctive and healthy subdiscipline that
was more than a "handmaiden of history."  And above all, a truly sweet
guy.... we'll miss him.
Pat Martin

--
*Patrick E. Martin, PhD*

*Research Professor of ArchaeologyPresident, The International Committee
for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage*
*Department of Social Sciences*
*Michigan Technological University*
*Houghton, MI  USA  49931*
*(906) 487-2070*