HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:13:08 -0400
In regard to dark room chemicals and b&w paper,  all are still widely
available.  Kodak, Ilford, &c don't make as wide of a range as was once
available, but the stuff is still out there to service art print market,
students, and more serious photographers.  And even though you didn't ask,
I would argue digital does not yet and never will offer the image quality
of the humble medium- or large-format b&w negative and print, and that it
(digital) is certainly nowhere near as archivable.  Black and White
chemicals, film, and paper are appearing less and less in your average
suburban mall photo stores. But I use Calumet Photo via web for such
supplies and the best in films. Porters and Penn Camera are two others
with similar internet service.

Joe Dent
American University

Ron May <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
10/01/07 02:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Metric Graph Paper - & other supplies

In a message dated 10/1/2007 10:48:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,