HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
elizabeth west <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 10:55:34 -0700
Larry Mckee wrote:

> Dear folks,
>      I am working with the education group here at the Hermitage on a plan to
> bring in groups from local community centers serving the poorer parts of town
> for a morning tour and lab work.  The idea is to bring in kids from
> "underserved" communities (that's grant/development office talk) to give them
> a behind-the-scenes archaeology and museum experience .  If anyone has done
> this kind of thing or knows of places presenting programs to similar groups,
> please get in touch with me - I am interested in benefitting from the
> experience of others in terms of what works and what doesn't.
>                             Best,
>                                 Larry McKee
>                                  Director of Archaeology
>                                    The HermitageLarry,

        Liz Aiello is the education coordinator at London Town. She is
writing a curriculum for school groups and seems to work either with
private schools (priveleged students) or with students with special
needs. You may want to colaborate  with her. Her phone number at London
is 410-222-1919. Her address is :
The London Town Foundation
839 Londontown Road
Edgewater, MD 21037